Friday, October 29, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! My name is Susan Silver and I am an Academic Services librarian at the USF Library in Tampa. I am the  library liaison to the Departments of Criminology, Psychology, Aging Studies and Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling Social Work and Sociology at USF. I have a librarian at USF for over 20 years and I spend my time providing reference and research service, teaching students about the library, selecting library materials on behalf of the departments I represent, as well as many other things. 

I received both my BS and my MLS  from Southern Connecticut State University in New Haven, Connecticut. Before coming to USF, I was a law librarian at Suffolk University Law School in Boston. I decided to escape the cold and snow end ended up in Florida. 

I plan to use this blog as a tool to keep me in touch with my departments. Hopefully the faculty and students will find the information I post useful. Things I may post about:

Things I may post about:
  • Library news
  • New databases, new books 
  • Other news that might be of interest
  • Tech tips
  • Spotlight on specific library resources 
  • Requests for purchase
If you have any suggestions or comments, feel free to email me.







No comments:

Post a Comment